The health and safety of our patrons, volunteers, performers, staff, and community is our top priority. We continue to closely monitor county and state guidelines to ensure the most up-to-date health and safety protocols are in place. With the recent changes from the CDC and California Department of Public Health, we urge you to read our Health & Safety Protocols page before your next visit to learn more about our and our venues' updated and latest protocols, which may be altered as new guidance is issued.
Make a secure donation today with your credit card. All donations to OCYS/E are tax-deductible.
Reasons to Support OCYS & OCYSE
- Since 1970, OCYS/E has gained an enviable reputation for the range of performance opportunities and training of young musicians in the art of orchestral playing. In addition to an entire concert season, students have the chance to perform with professional orchestras and guest artists and collaborate with living composers.
- As part of excellent training, students experience development in the area of leadership abilities, time management, and critical thinking skills.
- Students can rehearse and perform in the beautiful surroundings and conservatory atmosphere of Chapman University’s Conservatory of Music, as well as world-class venues such as the Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall at Segerstrom Center for the Arts and Soka Performing Arts Center.
- OCYS/E connects students to an impressive network of distinguished alums, including Emil de Cou, Former Associate Conductor of the National Symphony in Washington, D.C., David Whitehill, Executive Director of the Ashville Symphony, and Ryan Simmons, Bassoon of the San Diego Symphony.
- Alumni of OCYS/E have also been successful in attending prestigious music conservatories such as Juilliard, Oberlin, Eastman, Indiana, The Cleveland Institute, Cincinnati, Chapman, and such schools as Stanford, Berkeley, Yale, USC, and UCLA.
- For those not pursuing a career in music, OCYS/E inspires devotion to the arts, preparing young musicians for a lifetime of arts participation and patronage.
- OCYS/E is proud to offer financial assistance to those who qualify.
- Your tax-deductible donation supports the OCYS/E. Also, your employer may be interested in the visibility gained by supporting OCYS/E. Please call (949) 553-2422 ext. 232.
Sponsors & Partners
The Orange County Youth Symphony Orchestra is proud to be sponsored by and partnered with the following organizations and wishes to acknowledge their vital role in making our orchestra performances possible.
The Friends of the OCYS/OCYSE
The Friends of the OCYS/OCYSE aims to provide financial and organizational support for the Orange County Youth Symphony Orchestra through direct donations and fundraising activities. The Friends' efforts provide monies for the annual fall auditions, concert programs, and promotional materials. The Friends of the OCYS/OCYSE also support special workshops and master classes for orchestra members. In addition, orchestra tours are partially underwritten by the Friends of the OCYS/OCYSE, reducing the cost to individual orchestra members and their families.
Members of the Friends of the OCYS/OCYSE donate their time, helping with concert performances, tours, and post-concert receptions. This dedicated group provides all the necessary efforts to elevate and promote OCYS/OCYSE.