The health and safety of our patrons, volunteers, performers, staff, and community is our top priority. We continue to closely monitor county and state guidelines to ensure the most up-to-date health and safety protocols are in place. With the recent changes from the CDC and California Department of Public Health, we urge you to read our Health & Safety Protocols page before your next visit to learn more about our and our venues' updated and latest protocols, which may be altered as new guidance is issued.
- English Horn
- Clarinet (Rev.)
- Bass Clarinet
- French Horn
- Bass Trombone
- Double Bass
How to Create Your Audition Video
Please follow the following procedure while recording your audition video:
- State your name, age, and year in school (as of Fall 2022)
- Perform audition excerpts, and an optional 2-minute solo excerpt of choice in order as outlined in the audition information.
- Create your live, continuous, unaccompanied audition video in one sitting. Videos should NOT be edited.
- Students should upload their video to their Google Drive account or to a Private YouTube account
- Ensure privacy settings are set so that the judges can view your video.
- Copy the share link to the video.
- Paste the link into your audition application. (It will be the final question on the application, entitled ‘Audition Link’.)
Helpful Tips for a Successful Audition
Excerpt Preparation: Listen to a recording of the required excerpts. This will assist you to understand the excerpt, tempos, style, and emotional intent.
What Judges Listen For: Musical maturity, note and rhythmic accuracy, articulation dynamics, and expression.
Attire: Dress in professional but comfortable playing attire.
Video Setting: Check the lighting in your room and the placement of your camera.
Record a Test Run: Good Sound, Lighting, and Positioning of your full playing position?
Record the Audition – Enjoy
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions regarding our OCYS/E Audition Process? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions below: