Before you visit, please click here to learn more about our COVID-19 protocols, which may be altered as new guidance is issued.
- Philippe Quint, violin
- Christine Rocas, dancer
- Derrick Agnoletti, dancer
- Edson Barbosa, dancer
- Nicolas Blanc, choreographer
- Rodolfo Zanetti, bandoneon
- Pedro Giraudo, bass
- Alom Ahmed, piano
- Federico Diaz, guitar
- PIAZZOLLA (arr. Pedro Giraudo): Villeguita
- CARLOS GARDEL (arr. John Williams): "Por Una Cabeza"
- JERRY BOCK (arr. John Williams): Excerpts from Fiddler on the Roof
- PIAZZOLLA (arr. Sofia Gubaidulina): Le Grand Tango
- GINASTERA (arr. Charles Coleman): Tres Piezas, Op. 6, No. 1, “Cuyana”
- STRAVINSKY (arr. by Samuel Dushkin): Scherzo from The Firebird
- BARTÓK: Romanian Folk Dance, Sz. 56, Nos. 1, 4 & 6
- PIAZZOLLA: Prelude No. 1
- NADIA BOULANGER (arr. Charles Coleman): Three Pieces for Cello and Piano, No. 3
- PIAZZOLLA (arr. Pedro Giraudo): Tango Triunfal
- ELLINGTON/GRAPPELLI (arr. John Novacek): In a Sentimental Mood
- PIAZZOLLA: Oblivion
- BACH: Violin Sonata No. 4 in C minor, BWV 1017, mvt. 1
- PIAZZOLLA (arr. Pedro Giraudo): Muerte del Ángel
Multi-Grammy-nominated violinist Philippe Quint and members of the world-class, Chicago-based Joffrey Ballet celebrate tango legend Astor Piazzolla in a performance of music and dance.
Lauded by The Times (London) for his “bravura technique and unflagging energy,” Philippe Quint is internationally praised for his unique takes on classical core repertoire, support of contemporary composers and passion for giving new life to neglected works. For this celebration of Astor Piazzolla, Quint collaborates with the renowned Joffrey Ballet, one of the premier ballet companies performing today.
**Please note that tickets for this performance will be sold through the Irvine Barclay Theatre's ticketing system.
Quint’s tonal opulence, generously inflected with subtle portamentos, sounds like a throwback to the glory days of Fritz Kreisler.BBC Music Magazine