- Anne Akiko Meyers, violin
- Emmanuel Ceysson, harp
- Michio MIYAGI: Haru no Umi (The Sea in Spring)
- Jakub CIUPIŃSKI: Wreck of the Umbria
- SMETANA: Má vlast: The Moldau, Op. 43
Philip GLASS: Metamorphosis II
- Arvo PÄRT: Spiegel im Spiegel
SAINT-SAËNS: The Swan
- VILLA-LOBOS: Song of the Black Swan
- Philip GLASS: New Chaconne (world premiere)
A co-presentation of Laguna Beach Live! and the Philharmonic Society of Orange County
The 22nd annual Laguna Beach Music Festival features violinist Anne Akiko Meyers. One of the world’s most esteemed violinists, Anne Akiko Meyers has been described as “a musical wizard, with astonishing access to every kind of expressive color” (San Diego Union-Tribune).
Anne Akiko Meyers creates a “beautiful sonic world full of color and movement and breath” in her Opening Night program: “Metamorphoses,” featuring new premieres of arrangements for violin-harp as well as violin-electronics.
Anne Akiko Meyers doesn’t just set the standard; she is the standardMiroirs CA