- HAYDN: Piano Sonata in E minor, Hob XVI/34
- RAVEL: Menuet sur le nom de Haydn
- RAVEL: Miroirs
- MOZART: Adagio in B minor, K. 540
- LISZT: Sonetto 47, 104, 123 del Petrarca from Années de pèlerinage: Deuxième Année: “Italie” S. 161
- LISZT: Après une lecture du Dante. Fantasia quasi Sonata from Années de pèlerinage: Deuxième Année: “Italie” S. 161
This event is currently sold out. You can check availability by clicking the Buy Tickets button as seats may occasionally open up at any time.
Pre-concert lecture at 7pm with KUSC's Brian Lauritzen
With an overwhelming talent and innate musicality, rising star pianist Seong-Jin Cho returns in recital to Soka Performing Arts Center. In 2009, he became the youngest-ever winner of Japan’s Hamamatsu International Piano Competition, and two years later, he won third prize at the Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow at the age of 17. After graduating from the Paris Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique in 2015, he won First Prize at the Chopin International Competition in Warsaw, and in the following year he signed an exclusive contract with Deutsche Grammophon.
During December performances, Soka Performing Arts Center is partnering with the Laguna Food Pantry and will have donation bins for highly requested food items to go to the most vulnerable in our community. Consider bringing a can (or two!) for donation.
Cho appears to have the musical potential to take his place alongside the greats of the past.Washington Post