- BACH: Brandenburg Concerto No. 1 in F major, BWV 1046
- BACH: Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F major, BWV 1047
- BACH: Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G major, BWV 1048
- BACH: Brandenburg Concerto No. 4 in G major, BWV 1049
- BACH: Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 in D major, BWV 1050
- BACH: Brandenburg Concerto No. 6 in B-flat major, BWV 1051
Pre-concert lecture at 7pm by KUSC's Brian Lauritzen
Arguably the greatest of all baroque concertos, Bach's six masterpieces have delighted audiences for centuries with their timeless creativity, lively instrumentation, and technical mastery. Bach’s Brandenburg Concertos gave each instrumental family solo opportunities and created unusual combinations. Each of the six concertos differs, from the galumphing first, the more stately second, the homely third, the lofty fourth and the galloping fifth right through to the joyous sixth.
The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, (CMS) is one of eleven constituents of the largest performing arts complex in the world, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts. Through its many performance, education, recording, and broadcast activities, it brings the exhilarating experience of great chamber music to more people than any other organization of its kind. Under the inspired leadership of Co-Artistic Directors David Finckel and Wu Han, CMS presents a wide variety of concert series and educational events for listeners of all ages, appealing to both connoisseurs and newcomers.
A New York powerhouse.Chicago Magazine