Your generosity enables us to continue presenting the world's greatest musicians and ensure the youth of our community stay connected to music. Donate Now.
- PROKOFIEV: Sarcasms, Five Pieces for Piano, Op. 17
- PROKOFIEV: Piano Sonata No. 2 in D minor, Op. 14
- RACHMANINOFF: Piano Sonata No. 2, Op. 36
- STRAVINSKY: Piano Sonata in F-sharp minor
- CHAPLIN: The Immigrant (Film screening with improvised piano score by Gabriela Montero)
Pianist Gabriela Montero’s visionary musical interpretations and mesmerizing stage presence have garnered her critical acclaim and a devoted following on the world stage. The New York Times praises, “Montero’s playing had everything: crackling rhythmic brio, subtle shadings, steely power…soulful lyricism…[and] unsentimental expressivity.”
Montero's playing has everything: crackling rhythmic brio, subtle shadings, steely power in climactic moments, soulful lyricism in the ruminative passages and, best of all, unsentimental expressivity.New York Times